All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the beginning of mankind on Earth, if the busyness process was successful, then some form of benefit sustained it. The fundamentals are obvious: get the right inputs (materials, labor, money, and ideas); transform them into highly demanded, quality outputs; and make it available in time to the end consumer. Illustrating how operations relate to the rest of the organization, Production and Operations Management Systems provides an understanding of the production and operations management (P/OM) functions as well as the processes of goods and service producers. The modular character of the text permits many different journeys through the materials. If you like to start with supply chain management (Chapter 9) and then move on to inventory management (Chapter 5) and then quality management (Chapter 8), you can do so in that order. However, if your focus is product line stability and quick response time to competition, you may prefer to begin with project management (Chapter 7) to reflect the continuous project mode required for fast redesign rapid response. Slides, lectures, Excel worksheets, and solutions to short and extended problem sets are available on the Downloads / Updates tabs. The project management component of P/OM is longer an auxiliary aspect of the field. The entire system has to be viewed and understood. The book helps students develop a sense of managerial competence in making decisions in the design, planning, operation, and control of manufacturing, production, and operations systems through examples and case studies. The text uses analytical techniques when necessary to develop critical thinking and to sharpen decision-making skills. It makes production and operations management (P/OM) interesting, even exciting, to those who are embarking on a career that involves business of any kind.
- Author BiographySushil Gupta is a Knight Ridder Center Research Professor in the College of Business Administration at Florida International University, Miami. Martin Starr is Distinguished Professor of Production and Operations Management Emeritus at the Crummer Graduate School of Business at Rollins College, Florida, and Professor of Management Science and Operations Management Emeritus at Columbia University Graduate School of Business, New York.
- Author(s)Martin K. Starr,Sushil K. Gupta
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note75 black & white illustrations, 132 black & white tables
- Weight861 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.