All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe productivity of a business exerts an important influence on its financial performance. A similar influence exists for industries and ecomies: those with superior productivity performance thrive at the expense of others. Productivity performance helps explain the growth and demise of businesses and the relative prosperity of nations. Productivity Accounting: The Ecomics of Business Performance offers an in-depth analysis of variation in business performance, providing the reader with an analytical framework within which to account for this variation and its causes and consequences. The primary focus is the individual business, and the principal consequence of business productivity performance is business financial performance. Alternative measures of financial performance are considered, including profit, profitability, cost, unit cost, and return on assets. Combining analytical rigor with empirical illustrations, the analysis draws on wide-ranging literatures, both historical and current, from business and ecomics, and explains how businesses create value and distribute it.
- Author BiographyEmili Grifell-Tatje is currently Professor of Management and Business Economics in the Department of Business at the Universitat Aut-noma de Barcelona, and former head of department and academic director of the doctoral programme in Economics, Management and Organization. He has received research grants from academic and private institutions, and has been awarded visiting appointments by various universities around the world. Professor Grifell-Tatje has published in a wide range of academic journals. C. A. Knox Lovell is Honorary Professor with the Centre for Efficiency and Productivity Analysis in the School of Economics at the University of Queensland. He served as editor-in-chief of the Journal of Productivity Analysis for a decade. He has authored several books, including Production Frontiers (with Fare and Grosskopf) and Stochastic Frontier Analysis (with Kumbhakhar) for Cambridge University Press.
- Author(s)C. A. Knox Lovell,Emili Grifell-Tatje
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/01/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note50 b/w illus. 21 tables
- Weight590 g
- Width161 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.