Professional Chef: Level 2: S/NVQ by Patrick Carey, Terry Tinton, Gary Hunter, Stephen Walpole (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $84.15Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $49.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProfessional Chef: Level 2 is the ultimate guide for aspiring chefs looking to excel in their studies and progress towards a rewarding and stimulating career. Providing complete coverage of the NVQ level 2 food preparation and cookery qualification, it clearly explains the skills, techniques and underpinning theory you need to succeed in the kitchen and to compete for the some of the finest jobs in the catering industry. Combining theory and practice in one easy-to-use book, Professional Chef: Level 2 gives a thorough introduction to each core food group (stocks, soups, meat, fish, vegetables, pastries, hot and cold desserts...). For each food group, there are straightforward guidelines to help you identify the quality points for ingredients, including how to spot freshness, develop an awareness for seasonality and make good decisions when purchasing. Full of food, flair and flavor this essential textbook contains an extensive range of modern and traditional recipes, which all reflect industry best-practice. Each recipe is broken down into a clear, easy-to-follow method of work, which guides you from preparing the raw ingredients, through all the individual stages in the cooking process, to the final presentation. Every recipe is illustrated with lavish photography of the finished dish, giving a clear point of reference and indication of how the dish should turn out from the start.
- Author BiographyGary Hunter is Head of Culinary Arts at Westminster Kingsway College (CoVE). A qualified lecturer with 12 years' experience in teaching levels 1-4, he is also a leading Chef Patissier and Chocolatier, winning numerous gold medals. Terry Tinton is Course Coordinator for the Professional Chef Diploma at Westminster Kingsway College (CoVE). He has won many awards spanning a hugely successful career, which has so far included holding a senior position at the House of Commons and working extensively across Switzerland and Germany. Patrick Carey is Senior Lecturer and Course Coordinator for the FdSc in Culinary Arts at Westminster Kingsway College (CoVE). He was winner of the Senior Toque d'Or Competition and was the only chef to ever gain distinction marks across the board for 706/3.
- Author(s)Gary Hunter,Patrick Carey,Stephen Walpole,Terry Tinton
- PublisherCengage Learning EMEA
- Date of Publication07/06/2007
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationAndover
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCengage Learning Vocational
- Weight1992 g
- Width215 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition StatementInternational edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.