All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis text prepares future professionals for success in the workplace through identifying interpersonal communication skills and strategies and exploring when, how, and why to use them. Informed by academic research, professional literature, and author Joseph L. Chesebro's own experiences, the text explores and demonstrates the skills that have facilitated Chesebro's own students to find work and to succeed in their professional lives. Offering a very practical focus on such topics as handling conflict and giving dynamic presentations, Professional Communication at Work also covers essential interpersonal communication skills that are often t discussed, such as: * Using networking when job hunting; * Earning a good reputation as a new employee * Using storytelling and questioning more often * Developing coaching relationships with the best senior employees in our workplace, * Practicing and developing new skills on our own, and * Using workplace politics in a positive and constructive way to accomplish our goals. Utilizing the approach of a supportive communication coach, this text will help readers gain a variety of practical communication strategies they can apply to contribute to success in their own careers.
- Author BiographyJoseph L. Chesebro is Associate Professor of Communication at The College at Brockport, New York. Joe has taught for 18 years in the areas of Interpersonal and organizational communication, including courses in workplace communication and training and development. During his 13 years at The College at Brockport he has served as department chair and been awarded the Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching as well as the Academic Advisement Award.
- Author(s)Joseph L. Chesebro
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/06/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note36 black & white tables, 4 black & white halftones
- Weight660 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.