Professional Development for Educational Management by Lesley Kydd, Megan Crawford, Colin Riches (Paperback, 1997)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.65Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book begins from the perspective that organizational effectiveness will be improved if the individuals within the organization are engaged in developing professionally. It takes the individual as the key resource of any institution and the tion of professional development as the key to the learning of educational managers. This book offers both theoretical and practical perspectives on the key components of professional development linking reflection and kwledge with skills and capabilities. It then takes educational managers on to consider the systems and tasks which they have to undertake in managing the professional development of others - from selecting the right person for the job to setting up appropriate appraisal systems. This book provides educational managers and those interested in the field with an introduction to the processes and skills which they will need in managing educational establishments both w and in the future. This volume forms part of the Leadership and Management in Education series. This four book series provides a carefully chosen selection of high quality readings on key contemporary themes in educational management: professional development, reflection on practice, leadership, team working, effectiveness and improvement, quality, strategy and resources. The series will be an important resource for classroom teachers and lecturers as well as those holding designated management posts in schools and colleges and will provide a valuable basis for professional development programmes.
- Author BiographyLesley Kydd is a staff tutor with the Open University in Scotland. She formerly taught history and guidance in secondary schools. Her particular interest is in professionalism and managerialism. Megan Crawford is a lecturer in educational management at the Open University. She formerly taught in primary schools in London and the Home Counties. Her special interest is in Human Resource Management. Colin Riches is a lecturer in educational management at the Open University. He has taught in a variety of educational settings. His current interests are in leadership and team building.
- Author(s)Colin Riches,Lesley Kydd,Megan Crawford
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1997
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLeadership & Management in Education
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight370 g
- Width175 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.