All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays provides key insights into the role of the professional engineer and in particular the nature of professional engineering judgement; what it is, how to get it, how and when to use it. Topics include risk assessment, professional obligations, integrity, competence and professional development. Also: Why Galileo's trial in 1633 is still relevant to engineers today. Why risk assessment tools make good servants, but poor masters. What to do when the inspector calls. The importance of the 'first derivative' of your judgement. Why stupid questions are smart! Why your professional integrity is your gift to yourself. The value of a bar stool to a professional engineer. Examples are drawn from the author's experience in the process industries, but the principles exemplified will find application in all the engineering disciplines.
- Author BiographyHarvey T.Dearden BSc CEng FIET FInstMC MIMechE AFIChemE has worked in the process industry sector for over 35 years, and has been employed by a variety of vendors, contractors, consultants and end users. He now manages his own consulting practice providing support in matters of process control and protection, and associated risk assessment and management concerns. He is known to many through his involvement with professional engineering institutions and his many papers and articles.
- Author(s)Harvey T Dearden Ceng
- Date of Publication17/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.