Professional Ethics in Criminal Justice: Being Ethical When No One is Looking by Jay S. Albanese (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $114.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.48+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery major issue, problem, scandal, and crime in the criminal justice field has ethics at its core. PROFESSIONAL ETHICS: BEING ETHICAL WHEN NO ONE IS LOOKING, 3/e presents the three major ethical schools of thought (virtue, formalism, and utilitarianism) in a clear way that emphasizes how ethics impacts individual decision-making. Extensive critical-thinking exercises, Ethics in the Movies features and Ethics in Books features use popular events and media to raise ethical questions and help students develop ethical reasoning skills. Separate chapters are devoted to law, police, courts, corrections, and liability so students see the direct connection between ethics and specific aspects of the criminal justice system.
- Author BiographyJay S. Albanese is professor in the Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs at Virginia Commonwealth University. He served as chief of the International Center at the National Institute of Justice (NIJ), the research arm of the U.S. Department of Justice. Dr. Albanese received his Ph.D. and M.A. degrees from Rutgers University and his B.A. from Niagara University. He was the first Ph.D. recipient from the Rutgers School of Criminal Justice. Dr. Albanese is author or editor of 18 books that include Organized Crime: From the Mob to Transnational Organized Crime (7th ed., Routledge, 2015), Criminal Justice (5th ed., Prentice Hall, 2013), Transnational Crime and the 21st Century(Oxford University Press, 2011), Comparative Criminal Justice Systems (with H. Dammer, 5th ed., Wadsworth, 2014), and editor-in-chief of The Encyclopedia of Criminology and Criminal Justice (Wiley, 2014). Dr. Albanese is recipient of the Elske Smith Distinguished Lecturer Award from Virginia Commonwealth University and the Scholar Award in Criminal Justice from the Virginia Social Science Association. He is a Fulbright Specialist and has served as executive director of the International Association for the Study of Organized Crime, on the Executive Board of the American Society of Criminology, and is a past president and fellow of the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences.
- Author(s)Jay S. Albanese
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication27/12/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Out-of-print date27/05/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight340 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.