All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume brings both beginning and experienced translators and interpreters up to date on a broad range of issues. The seven sections take up success and survival strategies for a language professional, including the challenges posed by the changing global ecomy, the impact of new techlogies, adjustments required by a different legal environment and traditional ethical practices. Such challenges and changes point to a need for continuing education and networking and for newcomers specialized postsecondary training. The issues are as broad as the translator and interpreter's role in the modern world, as detailed as advice on setting up a workstation or choosing a degree program. The contributors, all practicing translators and interpreters, discuss also the value of the Association and its Committees to the profession and its individual members.
- PublisherJohn Benjamins Publishing Co
- Date of Publication06/09/1994
- Series TitleAmerican Translators Association Scholarly Monograph Series
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintBenjamins (John) North America Inc.,US
- Weight545 g
- Width164 mm
- Height245 mm
- Edited byDeanna L. Hammond
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.