All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Professional Orchestration: A Practical Handbook - From Pia to Strings, conductor/composer Joseph Wagner, Founder of the Boston Civic Symphony and former Composer-in-Residence at Pepperdine University, teaches you applied orchestration by demonstrating 30 different techniques within The Reference Chart of Keyboard Idioms for transcribing pia parts and pia devices to the string section. Techniques covered include Broken Intervals, Broken Chords, Melodic Lines and Figurations, Implied Bass Parts, Single Note Interval and Chord Repetitions, 2-3 Part Homophonic Music, Spacing Problems, Contrast Problems, Voice Leading, Obbligato, Antiphonal Effects, Tremolo Types, and Dance Forms. Designed for either personal or classroom use. Included in From Pia to Strings is the complete pia solo and separate string ensemble adaption of Grieg's Holberg Suite demonstrating how these techniques are applied and work in real practice. The Appendix contains a bonus String Ensemble template for you to copy and do your studies with and the Chart of String Unisons to help you work out common string combinations. Available for separate purchase is the Workbook with audio files that gives you dozens of homework examples to orchestrate. The Workbook is used with all three handbooks in the series - starting with From Pia to Strings, then From Pia to Woodwinds, and finally From Pia to Orchestra. From Pia to Strings builds both orchestration and composition skills for live performance, but also develops MIDI mockup and recording skills. Companion titles for this series available for separate purchase are Alexander Publishing's Professional Orchestration Volume 1: Solo Instruments and Instrumentation Notes and Volume 2A: Orchestrating the Melody Within the String Section.
- Author(s)Joseph Wagner
- PublisherAlexander University, Inc.
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlexander University, Inc.
- Weight367 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Revised byPeter Lawrence Alexander
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.