All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDevelop proficiency as a paramedic and deliver high quality critical care with the all-new Professional Paramedic Series! Based on the National EMS Education Standards, this economical three-volume series equips you with the resources necessary for both paramedic certification and re-certification. Comprehensive, yet street-friendly, each volume in the series walks you through the skills and concepts critical to the job of a Paramedic. The framework of each book is practical in approach: introducing principles, skills and terminology; presenting a typical case; walking through critical response steps; and again reviewing key concepts to ensure understanding for successful application on the job. Volume III: Trauma Care & EMS Operations highlights special response considerations and a broad range of operational medical topics to prepare readers with the complete spectrum of knowledge required to succeed as a Paramedic. Topics include traumatic brain injury, environmental medicine, specialty care transport, triage systems, and much more. This book follows up on the fundamental information covered in Volume I: Foundations of Paramedic Care and the application of skills in emergency situations in Volume II: Medical Emergencies, Maternal Health & Pediatrics. Practical and reader-friendly, each volume includes a full color design with detailed photos, graphics and step-by-step skill sequences to ensure you are fully prepared for the responsibilities, adventures, and challenges of a paramedic.
- Author BiographyRichard Beebe, MS, BSN, NREMT-P is the program director for Bassett Health Care's Center for Rural Emergency Medical Services Education in Cooperstown, New York. He is also a Clinical Assistant Professor at the State University of New York at Cobleskill, New York. Richard Beebe is also a practicing field Paramedic with the Guilderland Police Department, since 1988. Richard Beebe has a Masters degree in education, is a registered Nurse and a nationally registered Paramedic. Richard Beebe has been an EMS educator for over two decades and is a chapter member of the National Association of EMS Educators. Mr. Beebe is a state and national speaker, author or editor of several textbooks, and has been recently working in a leadership role on the committee for the National EMS Education Standards of the National Association of EMS Educators.
- Author(s)Myers,Richard Beebe
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication12/03/2011
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Notecolour tables, maps, figures
- Weight1400 g
- Width215 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.