All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProfessional Practice for Landscape Architects third edition deals with the practical issues of being a successful landscape architect professional. Endorsed by the Landscape Institute, this book is an indispensable guide for licentiate members of the Institute on their Pathway to Chartership. It follows the revised 2013 syllabus covering all aspects of professional judgement, ethics and values, the legal system, organisation and management, legislation and the planning system, environmental policy and control, procurement and implementation. It also serves as a reminder and reference for fully qualified professionals in their everyday practice and for landscape students. Valuable information is presented in an easy to follow manner with diagrams and schedules, key acts, professional documents and contracts clearly explained and made easy to understand. A handy list of questions are included to aid with P2C revision, answers of which are found within the text.
- Author BiographyNicola Garmory has gained a varied work experience in both private and public sectors over the past 30 years. She joined Rachel Tennant in 1994 forming TGP Landscape Architects. Nicola is a Fellow of the Landscape Institute and qualified as a Chartered Member in 1986 and has taught landscape professional practice since. She is joint author of the previous two editions of this book as well as The Landscape Architect's Pocket Book. Rachel Tennant has over 30 years' experience as a landscape architect working in both private and public sectors. In 1994 she set up TGP Landscape Architects in association with Nicola Garmory. Rachel is a Fellow of the Landscape Institute and qualified as a Chartered Member in 1986. She has taught landscape professional practice since then in both the UK and in Hong Kong. She is joint author of the previous two editions of this book as well as The Landscape Architect's Pocket Book also by the same publisher. Clare Winsch practised as a landscape architect in local government for over 20 years, working in design, landscape management, landscape characterisation and planning, including representing local councils in planning inquiries. She qualified as a Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute in 1987 and has taught professional practice since then, acquiring extensive knowledge of common, land and statutory law and the work of government environment and conservation agencies for the four home nations of the United Kingdom. Clare is joint author of the previous two editions of this book. She now works as a private consultant.
- Author(s)Clare Winsch,Nicola Garmory,Rachel Tennant
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/09/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white tables
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.