All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTransition from Objective-C to the cleaner, more functional Swift quickly and easily Professional Swift shows you how to create Mac and iPhone applications using Apple's new programming language. This code-intensive, practical guide walks you through Swift best practices as you learn the language, build an application, and refine it using advanced concepts and techniques. Organized for easy navigation, this book can be read end-to-end for a self-paced tutorial, or used as an on-demand desk reference as unfamiliar situations arise. The first section of the book guides you through the basics of Swift programming, with clear instruction on everything from writing code to storing data, and Section II adds advanced data types, advanced debugging, extending classes, and more. You'll learn everything you need to kw to make the transition from Objective-C to Swift smooth and painless, so you can begin building faster, more secure apps than ever before. * Get acquainted with the Swift language and syntax * Write, deploy, and debug Swift programs * Store data and interface with web services * Master advanced usage, and bridge Swift and Objective-C Professional Swift is your guide to the future of OS X and iOS development.
- Author BiographyAbout the author Michael Dippery is an avid Objective-C programmer who has written a number of libraries and other open source code for both Mac and iOS. He has contributed to many popular Mac open source projects, including Adium and Colloquy, and has worked professionally with languages as diverse as Python, Java, Scala, and VBScript. Michael has a passion for the theory and implementation of programming languages and compilers. Visit us at wrox.com where you have access to free code samples, Programmer to Programmer forums, and discussions on the latest happenings in the industry from around the world.
- Author(s)Michael Dippery
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication10/07/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight532 g
- Width188 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.