All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionProfessional Work: A Sociological Approach is an introduction examining recent trends in the world of professional work. Authors Kevin Leicht and Mary Fennell review the history and theory of managerial and professional work, and then describe specific contemporary changes in professions and work-settings. Through their insightful and detailed research of recent demographics in the workplace, the authors reveal an increasingly unified elite division of labor that casts the role of the manager as a 'new professional'. The book includes important data on racial diversity and gender representation in fields such as law and medicine, giving an accurate and up-to-date overview of two major professions. Also included in the book are definitions of key terms, and over 75 original tables and figures, making this an accomplished text on contemporary organizations and professional labor.
- Author BiographyKevin T. Leicht is Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of Iowa. He is the current editor of Research in Social Stratification and Mobility and The Sociological Quarterly, and coordinator of the gender, work, and family network for the Society for the Advancement of Socioeconomics. Mary L. Fennell is Professor of Sociology at Brown University. She is the co-author of The Diffusion of Medical Innovations: An Applied Network Analysis (1988).
- Author(s)Kevin T. Leicht,Prof Mary L Fennell
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/08/2001
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note65
- Weight396 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.