All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the same spirit of joy, irreverence, and fun, the authors of Professional Writing in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology have produced a companion Workbook. It provides instruction in, and opportunities to improve, the accuracy and clarity of writing that students and professionals need for success in clinical practicum, evidence-based practice, and career advancement. The nine chapters and accompanying CD use the kwledge and skills assessment (KASA) format to address common errors in usage and scholarship, as well as compliance with ethical issues, use of Internet and library resources, and strategies for oral presentation. The Workbook may be used as a stand-alone text for clinical practicum or for a professional writing course. The authors have combined it with Professional Writing in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology for an introductory course in research methods.
- Author BiographyRobert Goldfarb, Ph.D., Fellow, ASHA, is Professor and Program Director of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Adelphi University and Emeritus Professor of Speech and Hearing Sciences at Lehman College and The Graduate Center, CUNY, where he was also Executive Officer. He has published extensively in the areas of adult aphasia, the language of dementia, and the language of schizophrenia, and is also co-author of two tests: The Stocker Probe for Fluency and Language (1995) and Time-Altered Word Association Tests (TAWAT, 2012). He edited and contributed chapters to Ethics: A Case Study From Fluency (2006) and Translational Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology (2013), and is co-author of Techniques for Aphasia Rehabilitation Generating Effective Treatment (TARGET, 1995), Professional Writing in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology (2009), Professional Writing in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Workbook (2011), and Language and Motor Speech Disorders in Adults, 3rd ed. (2012). Dr. Serpanos, is Associate Professor of Audiology in the Communication Sciences and Disorders program at Adelphi University and the Long Island Doctor of Audiology (AuD) Consortium. She has over twenty years of clinical experience and fourteen years of university teaching experience at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. Dr. Serpanos has several publications in the areas of behavioral loudness growth assessment and estimation using electrophysiologic auditory measures, and in preschool audiologic screening.
- Author(s)Robert Goldfarb,Yula Cherpelis Serpanos
- PublisherPlural Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlural Publishing Inc
- Content NoteB/W
- Weight522 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains Spiral bound and CD-Audio (Audiobook)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.