All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.21Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionCompassion, courage, honesty, integrity, loyalty, responsibility, and wisdom are qualities we all admire and desire for our children as well as ourselves. Profiles in Character presents twenty-six inspirational and thoughtful stories illustrating seventeen universally admired virtues. This is a book written for teachers by a teacher. These stories will instruct and inspire students and provide material for teaching in the affective domain. Since each story can be read in five minutes or less and is accompanied by discussion questions and follow-up activities, the stories can be used as brief devotionals or to occupy a full class period. Each virtue is illustrated by one to three stories and can be implemented from middle school to graduate school as part of students' character education. These classroom-tested stories provide eugh material to make a substantial contribution to a character education curriculum.
- Author BiographyMax Malikow is an Assistant Professor of Education at Le Moyne College and Adjunct Professor of Psychology at Syracuse University. His other books include Teachers for Life (Rowman and Littlefield, 2006) and Living When a Young Friend Commits Suicide, co-authored with Earl Grollman. He is also a psychotherapist in private practice in Syracuse, New York.
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/05/2007
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width151 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMax Malikow
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.