All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book profiles over 30 of the most influential polo players from history. The players covered were selected for inclusion based on their overall impact on the game rather than their prowess on the field, although many covered are considered all-time greats. With contributions from many of the world's leading polo journalists, each chapter covers an individual player, and players include early pioneers, those who played during the golden era (the years between World War I and World War II), superstars, game-changers, and great contemporaries. Includes numerous photographs and a foreword by H.R.H. The Prince of Wales.
- Author BiographyA polo player and surgeon, Horace A. Laffaye is on the board of directors of the Museum of Polo and is chairman of the Polo Hall of Fame Nominating Committee. His writings on the game include several books and many articles in magazines in North America, Argentina and England. He divides his time between Connecticut and Florida, USA.
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/08/2015
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note104 photographs (17 in colour)
- Weight525 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byHorace A. Laffaye
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.