Profiting from Intellectual Capital: Extracting Value from Innovation by Patrick H. Sullivan (Paperback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $106.85+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $73.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis work presents tools and techniques from today's leading intellectual capital invators: Xerox, Dow Chemical, Hewlett-Packard, Avery Dennison, Eastman Chemical, Rockwell, and Skandia. Patrick Sullivan ...has brought together some of the best thinkers and best thinking on the subject of intellectual capital. Anyone who hopes to profit from intellectual capital will profit from Profiting from Intellectual Capital. - Thomas A. Stewart, author of Intellectual Capital: The New Wealth of Organizations . A comprehensive collection of the key ideas for effectively managing intellectual assets in the twenty-first century. - Hubert St. Onge, Senior Vice President, Strategic Capability, Mutual Life of Canada. The first thorough exposition of how companies manage and extract value from their intellectual capital. The discussion of 'best practices,' as well as the high level conceptual examination of various intellectual capital issues, is an important contribution to this fast-growing field. - Baruch Lev, PhD, The Philip Bardes, Professor of Accounting and Finance, Stern School of Business, New York University, and Director, The Intangibles Research Project at New York University. This is a remarkable compendium of analytic approaches to that most elusive of management goals - managing intellectual capital. It gives our 'state-of-the-practice' kwledge a most substantial boost. - Larry Prusak, Managing Principal, Kwledge Management, IBM Corporation. Sullivan brings together strategic management and intellectual capital. The combination is powerful. - Russell L. Parr Senior, Vice President, AUS Consultants. In today's postindustrial ecomy, techlogy and kwledge-based companies are superseding traditional manufacturing enterprises at a rapid rate. But as tangible assets give way to invisible, information-centered ones, most firms still kw very little about their intellectual capital and what it can do for them. While a number of books and articles have already been written about the kwledge-creation and information-sharing aspects of intellectual capital management, Profiting from Intellectual Capital takes the next step - examining how companies can develop financial benefits and extract ever more value from their intellectual capital. Divided into three sections, the book is filled with the practices and procedures of companies that are in the vanguard of ICM - Dow Chemical, Xerox, Rockwell International, Skandia, and Hewlett-Packard. The first part of the book presents essential terms and concepts, along with basic material on the principles of value extraction and a discussion of the usefulness of values in the management of intellectual capital. The two subsequent sections offer methods for IC measurement, management, and monitoring, as well as important techniques for extracting value - including such practical initiatives as creating an intellectual property database, patent trees, and more. Profiting from Intellectual Capital is essential reading for today's forward-thinking executives, attorneys, accountants, and other professionals, because while kwledge is power, kwledge can be profits, too.
- Author BiographyPATRICK H. SULLIVAN, DBA, MS, BS, an expert at developing profits from intellectual assets, is a founding partner of The ICM Group, LLC, a consulting company focused on extracting value from intellectual capital. He has been a vice president of The MAC Group and a principal consultant at SRI International, where he managed the firm's general consulting practice in Europe. Dr. Sullivan is a Fellow of the American Council on Education, and a member of organizations that include the Licensing Executives Society (LES) where he is currently Chairman of the Intellectual Capital Management Committee the WIPO Trade Forum, and the American Bar Association Intellectual Property Section. A frequent speaker on intellectual capital management issues, Dr. Sullivan is the coauthor of Technology Licensing, also published by Wiley.
- Author(s)Patrick H. Sullivan
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/09/2001
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleIntellectual Property S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight607 g
- Width156 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.