All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProviding both a means and a motive for armed conflict, the continued access of combatants in contemporary civil wars to lucrative natural resources has often served to counter the incentives for peace. Toward Profiting from Peace offers the first comprehensive assessment of the practical strategies and tools that might be used effectively, by both international and state actors, to help reduce the illicit exploitation of natural resources and the related financial flows that sustain the violence.
- Author BiographyKaren Ballentine, previously senior associate at the International Peace Academy, is a consultant on the political economy of civil wars. She is coeditor of The Political Economy of Armed Conflict: Beyond Greed and Grievance. Heiko Nitzschke is EACW program officer at IPA. He has also worked with Transparency International and the World Bank and served as a consultant to Oxfam America.
- PublisherLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication30/06/2005
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Edited byHeiko Nitzschke,Karen Ballentine
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.