All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1994, this text is designed to be used by graduate-level social work students in courses on evaluation and program design. Over the course of 20 years and 6 editions, the goals of the book have remained the same: to prepare students to participate in evaluative activities within their organizations; to prepare students to become critical producers and consumers of professional evaluative literature; and to prepare students for more advanced evaluation courses and texts. Grinnell, Gabor, and Unrau aim to meet these objectives by presenting a unique approach that is realistic, practical, applied, and user-friendly. While a majority of textbooks focus on program-level evaluation, some recent books present case-level evaluation methods but rely on inferentially powerful - but difficult-to-implement - experimental baseline designs. This text assumes that neither of these approaches adequately reflects the realities of the field or the needs of students and beginning practitioners. Instead, Program Evaluation for Social Workers offers a blend of the two that demonstrates how they can complement one ather. The integration of case-level and program-level approaches provides an accessible, adaptable, and realistic framework for students to more easily grasp and implement in the real-world.
- Author BiographyRichard M. Grinnell, Jr. is Professor and holds the Clair and Clarice Platt Jones/Helen Frays Endowed Chair of Social Work Research at the School of Social Work at Western Michigan University. Peter A. Gabor is a Professor at the Faculty of Social Work at the University of Calgary. Yvonne A. Unrau is Professor at the School of Social Work at Western Michigan University.
- Author(s)Peter A. Gabor,Richard M. Grinnell,Yvonne A. Unrau
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication07/01/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight1320 g
- Width208 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.