All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs there an easier way to build and deliver rich internet applications (RIAs) other than the Flash IDE or Ajax? Absolutely. With Adobe Flex 2, the Flex 2 SDK, and this book, you have all you need to build RIAs. Programming Flex 2 offers you plenty of practical and useful examples that reveal how and why to use a particular feature of Flex 2, and when and when t to. As part of the Adobe Developer Library, Programming Flex 2 is the authoritative guide to this new Adobe framework. You learn to use a markup language called MXML and a vast library of off-the-shelf and highly-configurable components to build Flash-based applications that combine the immediacy of the Web with the functionality and responsiveness of desktop applications. You also discover why - with the Flash Player runtime environment and the powerful ActionScript 3.0 programming language - the possibilities with Flex 2 are nearly limitless. The topics include: Managing Layout; Working with Components; Working with Media; Managing State; Using Transitions and Effects; Working with Data; Customizing Application Appearance; Client Data Communication and Remote Data Communication; Debugging Flex Framework Applications; and Creating Custom Components. Flex may be easier to learn than the Flash IDE, but you still need a reliable guide to the framework. Programming Flex 2 t only serves as a reference, but provides valuable and practical insight into this new techlogy. As you learn how to build Flex applications, you'll also discover how Flex works. This book supplies all the information you need in one convenient place.
- Author BiographyChafic Kazoun has worked with Flash-related technologies since 1998. He was involved with Flex Server 1.0 since pre-alpha, has a deep understanding of the internals of the Flex Framework, and has experience with ActionScript 3.0 and Zorn. Joey Lott is the author of Complete Flash Remoting MX as well as the co-author of the ActionScript Bible. Joey has been teaching Flash and ActionScript since 1999 when he first began training throughout Southern California. Joey has professional experience in the Internet industry beginning in 1996 including co-founding RightSpring, Inc. and consulting for YourMobile/Premium Wireless Services (J2EE B2C application) and Ads.com (leading the development of a J2EE B2B application).
- Author(s)Chafic Kazoun,Joey Lott,Peter Hall
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication08/05/2007
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight717 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.