Programming Ruby: The Pragmatic Programmers' Guide by Dave Thomas, Andy Hunt, Chad Fowler (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.11+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRuby is an increasingly popular, fully object-oriented dynamic programming language, hailed by many practitioners as the finest and most useful language available today. When Ruby first burst onto the scene in the Western world, the Pragmatic Programmers were there with the definitive reference manual, Programming Ruby: The Pragmatic Programmer's Guide . Now in its Second Edition, author Dave Thomas has expanded the famous Pickaxe book with over 200 pages of new content, covering all the new and improved language features of Ruby 1.8 and standard library modules. The Pickaxe contains four major sections: an acclaimed tutorial on using Ruby; the definitive reference to the language; complete documentation on all built-in classes, modules, and methods; and complete descriptions of all 98 standard libraries. If you enjoyed the First Edition, you'll appreciate the new and expanded content, including: enhanced coverage of installation, packaging, documenting Ruby source code, threading and synchronization, and enhancing Ruby's capabilities using C-language extensions. Programming for the worldwide web is easy in Ruby, with new chapters on XML/RPC, SOAP, distributed Ruby, templating systems and other web services. There's even a new chapter on unit testing. This is the definitive reference manual for Ruby, including a description of all the standard library modules, a complete reference to all built-in classes and modules (including more than 250 significant changes since the First Edition). Coverage of other features has grown tremendously, including details on how to harness the sophisticated capabilities of irb, so you can dynamically examine and experiment with your running code. Ruby is a wonderfully powerful and useful language, and whenever I'm working with it this book is at my side - Martin Fowler, Chief Scientist, ThoughtWorks.
- Author BiographyDave Thomas and Andy Hunt have more than 50 years combined experience, developing software for clients around the world. For the last 10 years they've been working together as The Pragmatic Programmers, helping clients write software and improve their development processes. They are authors of the best-selling The Pragmatic Programmer, and have written several other books. They speak at conferences globally, and are editors of IEEE Software's Construction column. Chad Fowler is co-director of Ruby Central, Inc., and remains an active, driving force in the Ruby community.
- Author(s)Andy Hunt,Chad Fowler,Dave Thomas
- PublisherThe Pragmatic Programmers
- Date of Publication22/10/2004
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationRaleigh
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Pragmatic Programmers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1270 g
- Width192 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.13New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.87New
- AU $6.50Used
- AU $31.93New
- AU $20.05New
- AU $24.96New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.75Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
- AU $22.07Trending at AU $29.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.