All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Schofield & Sims Progress Papers provide rigorous all-round practice for the end of Key Stage 2, and may also be suitable for some younger and older children. The series is designed for use as revision or extension work, or as preparation for the 11+ examinations, including those set by CEM (Durham University) and GL Assessment. The papers are intended for children to work through systematically with an adult who can provide assistance and diagse key issues. Covering more than 40 topic areas, all of them indexed in a useful 'Topics chart', the Progress Papers in English develop children's grammar, punctuation, spelling, vocabulary, comprehension and composition skills. Questions increase in difficulty, providing a clear measure of progress. Every book provides six papers, each containing 85 questions, and a total of 100 marks is available per paper. Each paper is split into three sections: 'English skills', 'Comprehension' and 'Short writing task'. Pull-out answers make scoring easy and include guidelines for marking the 'Short writing task'. The percentage result generated may be added to the 'Progress chart' following marking.The topics covered in the 'English skills' sections of book 1 cover the following areas: abbreviations, alphabetical order, antonyms, comparative and superlative, homonyms, word choice, word meanings, apostrophes for abbreviation and possession, uns, parts of speech, past tense, similes, direct and indirect speech, joining sentences. The 'Comprehension' passages include fiction, n-fiction and persuasive text and a stimulating selection of 'Short writing tasks' is provided.
- Author(s)Patrick Berry,Susan Hamlyn
- PublisherSchofield & Sims Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationWest Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSchofield & Sims Ltd
- Weight229 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.