All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat will ecomic policy look like once the global financial crisis is finally over? Will it resume the pre-crisis consensus, or will it be forced to contend with a post-crisis new rmal ? Have we made progress in addressing these issues, or does confusion remain? In April of 2015, the International Monetary Fund gathered leading ecomists, both academics and policymakers, to address the shape of future macroecomic policy. This book is the result, with prominent figures -- including Ben Bernanke, Lawrence Summers, and Paul Volcker -- offering essays that address topics that range from the measurement of systemic risk to foreign exchange intervention. The chapters address whether we have entered a new rmal of low growth, negative real rates, and deflationary pressures, with contributors taking opposing views; whether new financial regulation has stemmed systemic risk; the effectiveness of macro prudential tools; monetary policy, the choice of inflation targets, and the responsibilities of central banks; fiscal policy, stimulus, and debt stabilization; the volatility of capital flows; and the international monetary and financial system, including the role of international policy coordination. In light of these discussions, is there progress or confusion regarding the future of macroecomic policy? In the final chapter, volume editor Olivier Blanchard answers: both. Many lessons have been learned; but, as the chapters of the book reveal, there is clear agreement on several key issues. ContributorsViral V. Acharya, Anat R. Admati, Zeti Akhtar Aziz, Ben Bernanke, Olivier Blanchard, Marco Buti, Ricardo J. Caballero, Agustin Carstens, Jaime Caruana, J. Bradford DeLong, Martin Feldstein, Vitor Gaspar, John Geanakoplos, Philipp Hildebrand, Gill Marcus, Maurice Obstfeld, Luiz Awazu Pereira da Silva, Rafael Portillo, Raghuram Rajan, Kenneth Rogoff, Robert E. Rubin, Lawrence H. Summers, Hyun Song Shin, Lars E. O. Svensson, John B. Taylor, Paul Tucker, Jose Vinals, Paul A. Volcker
- Author BiographyOlivier Blanchard is C. Fred Bergsten Senior Fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics, Washington, D.C. Raghuram Rajan is the 23rd Governor of the Reserve Bank of India, on leave from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. Kenneth Rogoff is Thomas D. Cabot Professor of Public Policy and Professor of Economics at Harvard University. Lawrence Summers is Charles W. Eliot University Professor and President Emeritus at Harvard University.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication03/06/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note46 figures, 5 tables
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byKenneth S. Rogoff,Lawrence H. Summers,Olivier Blanchard,Raghuram G. Rajan
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.