All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdvances in systems techlogy are creating the need for alphanumeric displays and component techlogy to satisfy this need. The field of alphanumeric displays covers appli- cations from the single character lift indicator to the thousand-plus character computer read- out. A survey of the state of alphanumeric displays helps the user of display devices to make a choice, for a particular application, between the various devices available w or in the near future. It is essential to consider the circuits and the display device together in order to obtain a clear picture of the ecomics of the different techniques. In general, a display module is controlled by binary input signals at rmal logic pow- ers and may be subdivided into five basic elements: 1) data memory, 2) character generator, 3) driving circuits, 4) scanning circuits, and 5) display device. The data memory is essential to make the display module independent of the system. Normally, this will be an electronic memory, but in some cases, the display device will have an inherent memory. The character generator must perform two functions: 1) convert the binary code to a 'lout of n' form to select the chosen character out of the on' available, and 2) create the character format, although in some cases this is inherent in the display device.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/12/2012
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleNATO Science Series B
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight448 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byEzio Camatini
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1975
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $190.57New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.12New
- AU $61.25Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.