All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScale modeling can play an important role in R&D. When engineers receive some ideas in new product development, they can test how the new design looks by bui- ing scale models and they can get an actual feeling with the prototype through their imagination. Professor Emori often said: When children play with a toy airplane, their mind is wondering about the prototype airplane which they haven't ridden. Children can use the scale model airplane as a means to enter into an imagi- tive world of wonder by testing in their own way how the actual airplane might function, how the actual airplane can maneuver aerodynamically, what might be the actual sound of a jet engine, how to safely land the actual airplane, and so on. This imagination that scale models can provide for children will help them later develop professional intuition. Physical scale models can never be entirely succe- fully replaced by computer screens where virtual models are displayed and fancy functions are demonstrated. Not only children but also adults can learn things by actually touching things only offered by physical models, helping all of us develop imagination and feeling eventually leading toward Kufu. Einstein's famous thought experiments , which helped him to restructure modern physics may possibly and effectively be taught by letting researchers play with scale models!? References 1. I. Emori, K. Saito, and K. Sekimoto, Mokei Jikken Riron to Ouyou (Scale Models in Engineering: Its Theory and Application), Gihodo, Tokyo, Third Edition, 2000.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight951 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byKozo Saito
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.