All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn order to have a strong understanding of primary English, teachers need to understand how children learn reading, writing and language, and how these develop throughout childhood. Covering the interconnected areas of speaking, listening, reading and writing, and aware of the new National Curriculum in England, this book gives beginning teachers clear pragmatic guidance on how to plan, deliver and assess high-quality teaching. Key features: *Recurring case studies in each chapter provide realistic examples of children's literacy development across the primary age phase *Research focus boxes explore contemporary research findings and what they mean for the classroom *Activities and classroom application sections give practical advice that can be used in teaching. This is essential reading for all students studying primary English on initial teacher education courses, including undergraduate (BEd, BA with QTS), postgraduate (PGCE, PGDE, School Direct, SCITT), and also NQTs.
- Author BiographyLinda Saunders is a senior lecturer in primary English at St Mary's University Strawberry Hill, Twickenham. Here, she works on the primary PGCE and MA programmes. Prior to university work, Linda taught extensively in English primary and special schools as a class teacher, English and a special educational needs coordinator and an advisory teacher for special educational needs. Following on from her doctoral thesis examining reading aliteracy she has continued to research reading motivation.
- Author(s)Linda Saunders
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication23/03/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.