Project Management Theory and Practice, Second Edition by Gary L. Richardson (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $105.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $187.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUpdated to reflect the Project Management Institute's (PMI's) Project Management Body of Kwledge (PMBOK(R) Guide), Fifth Edition, the new edition of this bestselling textbook continues to provide a practical and up-to-date overview of project management theory. Project Management Theory and Practice, Second Edition explains project management theory using language that is easy to understand. The book integrates the organizational environment that surrounds a project to supply the well-rounded kwledge of theories, organizational issues, and human behavior needed to manage real-world projects effectively. This edition includes a new chapter on Stakeholder Management, which is a new kwledge area covered in the new PMBOK(R) Guide. It also provides updated references and a new streamlined organization of chapters. There are several project-related model frameworks sponsored by PMI(R), and many of these are covered in this text. Specifically, the book details: * Work breakdown structures (WBS) * Earned value management (EVM) * Enterprise project management (EPMO) * Portfolio management (PPM) * Professional responsibility and ethics For many of the major sections, the PMI Global Accreditation curriculum learning objectives have been adapted with permission of PMI and used to guide the content. Filled with end-of-chapter questions, scheduling and budgeting problems, and scoping projects, this text is ideal for classroom use and essential reading for anyone seeking project management certification. The book also includes sample empirically oriented worksheets that demonstrate various management decision and analysis-oriented tools.
- Author BiographyGary Richardson is the PMI endowed professor of project management at the University of Houston College of Technology graduate project management program. This program serves both the internal and external professional community in regard to the theory and practice of project management. He comes from a broad professional background including industry, consulting, government, and academia. During the early phase of his career he was an officer in the U.S. Air Force, followed by industry stints at Texas Instruments as a manufacturing engineer, and then by consulting assignments at the Defense Communications Agency, Department of Labor, and the U.S. Air Force (Pentagon) in Washington, D.C. The latter half of his career was spent with Texaco, Star Enterprise (Texaco Aramco joint venture), and Service Corporation International in various IT and CIO-level management positions. Interspersed through these periods he was a professor at Texas A&M, the University of South Florida, and the University of Houston, and also did other adjunct professor stints at three other universities. Gary has previously published four computer-related textbooks and numerous technical articles. Through his experiences in over 100 significant sized projects of various types, he has observed frequently encountered management issues and has been an active participant in the evolution of management techniques that have occurred over this time. Gary received a BS in mechanical engineering from Louisiana Tech, an AFIT postgraduate program in meteorology at the University of Texas, an MS in engineering management from the University of Alaska, and a PhD in business administration from the University of North Texas. He currently teaches the PMP Prep course and other graduate-level project management courses at the University of Houston, plus various continuing education courses.
- Author(s)Gary L. Richardson
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication24/10/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note154 black & white illustrations, 57 black & white tables
- Weight1315 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.13New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.09New
- AU $6.50Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.92New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.17New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.