Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.37Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $50.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProject Mustang is a complete guide to restoring America's favorite muscle car, written by auto-restoration guru Larry Lyles, a regular contributor to Auto Restorer magazine. In this detailed 23-chapter volume, Lyles walks the car owner from the in-depth inspection of the vehicle and the beginning of the teardown to re-covering the seats and replacing the frame rail...and every step in between. The car restored for the project in the book is a 1968 California Special Mustang. The chapter titles themselves speak for what a straightforward DIY manual Lyles has written, as he details the step-by-step procedure of bringing a very cool rod back to life. Beginning the teardown, exterior and interior; repairing the sheet metal, door, and deck up; removing the major parts (driveshaft, engine, transmission, front suspension, steering system, etc.) ; removing old point and replacing rust floors; -weld rust repair; perfecting the metal; working with plastic body filler; priming and sanding; refinishing the components and underside, the door, interior, trunk, and body; wiring the car and installing the doors; applying the coatings, rebuilding the suspension, and installing the brake lines; installing the vinyl top cover, the headliner, and the glass; rebuilding and installing the engine; installing the front sheet metal, emblems, bumpers, stripes, carpet, and console; re-covering the seats; and replacing the frame rails. Each step in every chapter is photographed as the author progresses along, with captions to spell out exactly what has to happen. The book offers helpful advice about choice of tools and tips to make even beginners feel confident about tackling the many steps involved. With nearly forty years experience in repairing, rebuilding, and restoring classic cars (and lots of n-classic ones!) , Lyles emphasizes the reader's need to organize his or her project by determining the course of the project, researching suppliers, making lists of parts and their conditions, creating spreadsheets of estimated and actual costs, and photographing each component as a reference for later in case the restoration goes off track. Each chapter ends with a tes page for the reader to record his or her progress, making this manual a practical workbook as well. When the reader gets to the final pages of the book and reads the sections Start the Engine and Test Drive the Car, there will be a true sense of accomplishment. An appendix of part suppliers and an index complete the book.
- Author(s)Larry Lyles
- PublisherI-5 Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- SubjectVehicle Maintenance & Manuals
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBowTie Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight794 g
- Width216 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Most relevant reviews
- salemowers10 Jul, 2014by
Excellent job on writing this book, very complete and covers every thing that's needed .I can see some major time and experience was needed to do this book ..
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.98Trending at AU $78.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.