Project X Code: Dragon into the Cave by Jan Burchett, Marilyn Joyce, Tony Bradman, Sara Vogler (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.47Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.02+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProject X CODE is a book-by-book series built for SEN and struggling readers aged 6-11. Welcome to Micro World, invented by Macro Marvel - an amazing theme park where you have to shrink to get in! Disaster strikes when CODE, the computer that controls the park and the robots inside, goes wrong and wants to shrink the world. Team X and Mini Marvel have a new mission - to battle the BITEs, collect the CODE keys, rescue Macro Marvel, stop CODE, and save the world! Each book contains 2 texts: Text 1 is 100% decodable to build reading confidence, and Text 2 is at least 80% decodable including the same target phonemes and Tricky words but with more varied vocabulary to develop comprehension and motivate struggling readers. Join Team X in the Dragon Quest zone. Tiger fights a dragon in Dragon Clash! Max, Ant and Mini get a shock in The Hunt and Tiger trains a dragon in Dragon Training. Ant thinks he has found the CODE key in Into the Cave, but the Dragon-BITE is awake! There are fantastic rides in the Wild Rides zone, but Tiger needs help in BITE Strike. Max and Ant are in trouble in Look Out! Ant and Tiger race around in The Thunderbolt, and Team X try to stop the Speed-BITE in A Close Escape.
- Author BiographyDr Maureen Lewis is a reading and comprehension expert. Maureen's career in education has included time as a teacher, an advisor, a research fellow in education and a director in the National Strategies. Maureen has worked extensively with teachers to develop practical strategies that really work, and has written many books, articles and classroom materials on all aspects of literacy. Maureen's particular expertise focus on children's interactions with reading comprehension, what motivates children to read, and non-fiction texts. Di Hatchett is an expert in early intervention in literacy and mathematics and in the leadership of inclusion. Di's extensive career in primary education has included 12 years as a head teacher, a long spell as a Senior Director with the Primary National Strategy and, more recently, as Director of The Every Child a Chance Trust, developing the Every Child a Reader and Every Child Counts programmes. Di's field of expertise is the development of high quality approaches to intervention for children who struggle with the development of core skills in literacy and/or mathematics. Marilyn Joyce is an expert in systematic synthetic phonics and early literacy development. Marilyn has spent many years teaching in London schools and advising on literacy in local authorities. Marilyn was also part of the team that wrote the 'Letters and Sounds' phonics programme under the leadership of Sir Jim Rose, and was Senior Director of the Communication, Language and Literacy Development team in the National Strategies.
- Author(s)Jan Burchett,Marilyn Joyce,Sara Vogler,Tony Bradman
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteFull Colour
- Weight66 g
- Width153 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jon Stuart
- Series Edited byMaureen Lewis,Di Hatchett
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.