Project and Program Management: A Competency-Based Approach by Mitchell L. Springer (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $113.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $125.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChoosing the right people to carry out a project is essential to its success. When multiple projects are combined into a complex program, the human aspect becomes even more important. This book is the first to truly balance a complete account of the technical aspects of project and program management with a practical approach to understanding and developing the core competencies required to accomplish desired goals.Drawing on almost thirty years of senior managerial experience in the defense and software industries, where the successful completion of multimillion-dollar projects is a strategic imperative, the author has a unique understanding of both the qualitative and quantitative aspects of program management. On the technical side, this book is a complete introduction to predicting costs, setting schedules, and assessing risks. On the people side, it sheds new light on how to mold different personality types into a team, how to motivate the team's members, and how to produce extraordinary results.After exploring the concept of competencies and showing how people must be at the heart of any organizational decision, Springer focuses on the essential qualities of leadership, the dynamics of teams, and the relationship between a team and the individuals that compose the team. He shows how an inclusive approach is essential to effective decision making. Using these insights, he then details the essential parts of the program management approach, describing the best way to define, organize, and schedule the work to be done, identifying risks and controlling costs during the whole process.This is a uniquely insightful and practical text that will be invaluable reading for all professionals involved in the dynamic field of project and program management. Tested in a number of classes, the second edition includes numerous pedagogical improvements. New research on competency models is presented, and more emphasis is placed on the importance for project managers of understanding the global context.
- Author BiographyMitchell L. Springer currently serves as the Executive Director of the Purdue University College of Technology, Academic Center for Professional Studies in Technology and Applied Research (ProSTAR) and College of Technology Operations and Strategic Initiatives, located in West Lafayette, Indiana. He possesses over thirty years of theoretical and industry-based practical experience from four disciplines: Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Program Management and Human Resources. He sits on many university and community boards and advisory committees. Springer is internationally recognized, has authored numerous books and articles, and lectured on software development methodologies, management practices, and program management. Springer received his Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from Purdue University, his MBA and PhD in Adult and Community Education with a Cognate in Executive Development from Ball State University. He is certified as both a Project Management Professional (PMP) and a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR).
- Author(s)Mitchell L. Springer
- PublisherPurdue University Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2012
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationWest Lafayette
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPurdue University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight907 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.