Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionProjected History: A Catalog of the U.S. National Stories Released by Universal Newsreel, Volume Two, 1931-1932, is motion picture film sleuth Phillip W. Stewart's latest book. This second volume of his well-researched landmark work details over 1,225 nationally released newsreel titles that covered the third and fourth years of what was kwn back then as the Universal Newspaper Newsreel. One of the great benefits of the Projected History series is that all the Universal Newsreel stories that are kwn to exist today in the film vaults of the National Archives are identified. This is the first time that the newsreel title, description and story availability have been brought together in a single resource. Reviewers have called the Projected History series, A solid archive of history's highlights, compiled into an easy-to-use resource for quick reference, and enhanced with an exhaustive title index. Ather remarked, Phil Stewart has created an important work... it will quickly become recognized as an invaluable resource for students of film, U.S. and world history enthusiasts, genealogy aficionados, and by those involved in TV, video and multimedia communications services. Before there was television there was the newsreel. Folks all over the country caught up on the latest news and events of our country and the world twice a week in their neighborhood movie theaters. The major American newsreel companies of that time covered world events, politics, sports, fashion, and anything else that might entertain the movie audience. Today, the newsreels offer a fascinating and unmatched moving image review of the first half of the 20th Century in glorious black and white. Out of the five major sound newsreels that documented America and the World from the late 1920s to the mid 1960s, only one is owned by the American people, is available royalty-free, and is readily accessible for your review and use - the Universal Newsreel. The Projected History series is your guide to all the nationally released stories produced during that time. A motion picture film consultant, TV producer, multimedia manager, and an award winning author, Phillip W. Stewart has spent over 20 years researching thousands of rare film titles at the National Archives. Projected History: A Catalog of the U.S. National Stories Released by Universal Newsreel, Volume Two, 1931-1932, is his fifth book on historic documentary films. Please check out his website (www.pwstewart.com) for details regarding his work.
- Author(s)Phillip W Stewart
- PublisherPMS Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPMS Press
- Weight835 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.