Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.23Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA superb mirror of a place, a time, and a group of people who capture our immediate interest and hold it tightly. THE PHILADELPHIA INQUIRERYoung Reuven Malter is unsure of himself and his place in life. An unconventional scholar, he struggles for recognition from his teachers. With his old friend Danny Saunders--who himself had abandoned the legacy as the chosen heir to his father's rabbinical dynasty for the uncertain life of a healer--Reuvan battles to save a sensitive boy imprisoned by his genius and rage. Painfully, triumphantly, Reuven's understanding of himself, though the boy change, as he starts to aproach the peace he has long sought....
- Author BiographyChaim Potok was born in New York City in 1929. He graduated from Yeshiva University and the Jewish Theological Seminary of America, was ordained as a rabbi, and earned his Ph.D. in philosophy from the University of Pennsylvania. He also served as editor of the Jewish Publication Society of America. Potok s first novel, The Chosen, published in 1967, received the Edward Lewis Wallant Memorial Book Award and was nominated for the National Book Award. He is author of eight novels, including In the Beginning and My Name is Asher Lev, and Wanderings, a history of the Jews. He died in 2002.
- Author(s)Chaim Potok
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication08/12/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight272 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.14
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.50
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.68
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $19.97
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.28
- AU $21.84Trending at AU $24.73
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.