All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPromoting Effective Group Work in the Primary Classroom, 2nd ed. is designed to enhance teachers' and teaching assistants' confidence in engaging their children in effective group work, allowing for more active participation, more on-task focus and higher levels of achievement. This accessible second edition is packed full of valuable strategies for teachers and fun activities for children, offering guidance on how to create an inclusive and supportive classroom by developing the social, communicative and group working skills of all pupils. It has been thoroughly updated and includes new material on whole school approaches to group work, the risks and challenges involved, and how to involve Teaching Assistants and other support staff in undertaking inclusive and effective group work in classrooms. A tried-and-tested, step-by-step approach encourages both children and their teachers to develop supportive relationships that have been found to facilitate academic performance, positive social behaviour and motivation. Since the first edition the authors have found that this handbook can be used successfully in many different countries around the world. With ideas to help resolve problems that might arise and suggested training activities to support pupils, this text is a one-stop resource to ensure effective group work in the classroom. It is an essential guide for both trainee and practising teachers, as well as TAs and support staff, and a valuable basis for school action.
- Author BiographyEd Baines is Senior Lecturer in Psychology of Education at the UCL Institute of Education, UK. Peter Blatchford is Professor of Psychology and Education at the UCL Institute of Education, UK. Peter Kutnick is Emeritus Professor (Psychology of Education) in the Department of Education and Professional Studies at King's College London, UK, as well as Honorary and Visiting Professor at the University of Hong Kong, and Visiting Fellow at Beijing Normal University, China.
- Author(s)Ed Baines,Peter Blatchford,Peter Kutnick
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleImproving Practice (TLRP)
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables, 82 black & white halftones
- Weight294 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.