All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere is ever growing recognition by governments and healthcare professionals of the need to respond to the challenges of preventable diseases, especially so-called lifestyle diseases , and of the influence that social class, gender, ethnicity, as well as individual differences play in health. This text explores the fundamental importance of psychology in the development of these lifestyle diseases, and how an understanding of psychological models is essential for the healthcare practitioner to predict behaviours and develop evidence-based interventions. This thoroughly updated edition includes new chapters looking at health inequalities, health promotion, working with special populations and understanding the role of social and psychological factors in some common conditions. These four additional chapters will enable the reader to better understand the place of lifestyle change within wider society. Beginning with an introduction to healthy behaviour and the context that health practitioners work in, the book goes on to look at issues, including: * The role of psychology in lifestyle change * Diet, alcohol, smoking and active lifestyles * Sexual behaviour * Chronic illness and vulnerable populations. Each chapter includes key features including learning objectives, case studies, key points and discussion questions, as well as how to apply the various research and theories to practice. Promoting Healthy Behaviour is a practical and informative guide for your practice both w and in the future, and is invaluable reading for healthcare professionals at any stage of their careers.
- Author BiographyDominic Upton is Professor of Health Psychology at the University of Worcester, UK. Katie Thirlaway is Head of Applied Psychology at Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK.
- Author(s)Dominic Upton,Katie Thirlaway
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/11/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPearson Education Limited
- Content Note74 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 24 black & white line drawings
- Weight704 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.86Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.