All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis indispensable book presents evidence-based tools and strategies for improving the social skills of all members of the inclusive classroom (K-6), especially students experiencing difficulties in this area. The authors explain why social competence is critical to school success and describe interventions, curricula, and instructional approaches that have been shown to be effective at the schoolwide, classroom, and individual levels. Procedures for conducting assessments and developing individualized intervention plans are detailed. Reproducible forms can be downloaded and printed in a convenient 8 1/2 x 11 size.
- Author BiographyKimber L. Wilkerson, PhD, is Professor of Special Education and Chair of the Department of Rehabilitation Psychology and Special Education at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Formerly, she was a special educator in a day treatment program for students with emotional and behavioral disorders and co-taught in an inclusive elementary school program. Dr. Wilkerson has published and presented on such topics as providing instruction to students in alternative settings and combining academic with social skills instruction, particularly in the area of reading. Aaron B. T. Perzigian, MS, is a doctoral student in the Department of Rehabilitation Psychology and Special Education at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He formerly worked as an English teacher and cross-categorical special educator in a residential treatment setting. Mr. Perzigian's research interests include alternative education, dropout prevention, and social competence development for children and adolescents with disabilities. Jill K. Schurr, PhD, is Professor of Psychology at Austin College in Sherman, Texas. A former middle school teacher at an alternative school, she has developed partnerships with local schools and psychological clinics to promote the increased implementation of positive behavioral intervention and supports (PBIS) programs and applied behavior analysis services. Dr. Schurr has published and presented on topics such as academic learning time, using a PBIS model to improve outcomes for students with emotional and behavioral disorders, and professional development to increase teachers' use of behavior strategies in the classroom.
- Author(s)Aaron B. T. Perzigian,Jill K. Schurr,Kimber L. Wilkerson
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication19/11/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleWhat Works for Special-needs Learners
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight370 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.