Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionWater security threats arising from inadequate access to water for sustaining ecosystems, livelihoods, human well-being and socio-ecomic development has gained increasing attention over the past decades all over the world, but especially in international river basins shared by two or more states. In the Aral Sea basin, shared by Afghanistan and five post-Soviet republics of Central Asia - Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan - water security issues are extremely pressing due to heavy reliance on, and competition over, shared waters. Promoting Transboundary Water Security in the Aral Sea Basin through International Law addresses the current gap in the literature by moving beyond the static identification of treaties and rms to examine how these treaties and rms can work for water security in practice. In its thorough and incisive scholarship, the book serves as a contribution toward peaceful and sustainable regulation of transboundary watercourses and their ecosystems in the Aral Sea basin.
- Author BiographyDr. Dinara Ziganshina is a Deputy Director of the Scientific Information Center of Interstate Commission for Water Coordination in Central Asia, based in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- Author(s)Dinara Ziganshina
- Date of Publication13/10/2014
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleInternational Water Law Series
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight572 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.