All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.50
About this product
- DescriptionIn this volume, Eric Soares offers a lively and comprehensive treatment of promotional feats--publicity efforts that generate positive and extensive media exposure and thereby enhance sales. Arguing that promotional feats are one of the most powerful yet underused tools available to the marketing manager, Soares shows how they can have a dramatic impact on consumer behavior if they are developed and executed carefully. The types of feats described and illustrated include advertisements, sales, promotions, publicity stunts, sales activities, displays, or unusual product characteristics. The common deminator, Soares demonstrates, is that each feat must be newsworthy eugh to cause media attention, which is then instrumental in affecting consumers' attitudes, intentions, and buying behavior. Numerous examples of successful consumer-based promotion activities are included. The book begins by examining historical feats of publicity and promotion undertaken by military strategists, adventurers, and others. Soares explains how each incident was conceived and carried out and illuminates its applications to business. The bulk of the volume explores business promotional feats and their underlying market strategies. Separate chapters are devoted to media events, product features, outrageous advertisements, promotion gimmicks, and company icons. The final chapter reviews the process of conceptualizing, designing, and implementing a promotional feat. An indispensable resource for marketing and sales promotion managers, Promotional Feats will also be essential reading for anyone aspiring to a career in these fields.
- Author BiographyERIC J. SOARES is Chairman of the Marketing Department at California State University, Hayward. He is the author of Cost Effective Marketing Research (Quorum, 1988).
- Author(s)Eric J. Soares
- Date of Publication30/08/1991
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight524 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.