All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the trailers and promos that surround film and television to the ads and brand videos that are sought out and shared, promotional media have become a central part of contemporary screen life. Promotional Screen Industries is the first book to explore the sector responsible for this thriving area of media production. In a wide-ranging analysis, Paul Grainge and Catherine Johnson explore the intermediaries - advertising agencies, television promotion specialists, movie trailer houses, digital design companies - that compete and collaborate in the fluid, fast-moving world of promotional screen work. Through interview-based fieldwork with companies and practitioners based in the UK, US and China, Promotional Screen Industries encourages us to see promotion as a professional and creative discipline with its own opportunities and challenges. Outlining how shifts in the digital media environment have unsettled the boundaries of 'promotion' and 'content', the authors provide new insight into the sector, work, strategies and imaginaries of contemporary screen promotion. With case studies on mobile communication, television, film and live events, this timely book offers a compelling examination of the industrial configurations and media forms, such as ads, apps, promos, trailers, digital shorts, branded entertainment and experiential media, that define promotional screen culture at the beginning of the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyPaul Grainge is Associate Professor of Film and Television Studies at the University of Nottingham. He is the author of Brand Hollywood (2008) and Monochrome Memories (2002), editor of Ephemeral Media (2011) and Memory and Popular Film (2003), and co-author of Film Histories (2007). Catherine Johnson is Associate Professor of Film and Television Studies at the University of Nottingham. She is the author of Branding Television (2012) and Telefantasy (2005) and the co-editor of Transnational Television History (2012) and ITV Cultures (2005).
- Author(s)Catherine Johnson,Paul Grainge
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note17 black & white halftones
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.59Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.