All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionPrompted to Write offers help for teachers who are preparing their students for high stakes writing tests. This book features fifteen in-depth and reproducible lesson units to help students develop proficiency in crafting essays in all subjects, building their vocabulary and reading comprehension skills, and assessing the quality of their written work. The lessons cover a variety of essay genres and are useful in preparing students for state-mandated writing tests, school entrance and exit exams, and the SAT. Each lesson includes guided pre-writing and planning activities and concludes with a timed writing task (complete with a revision/edition checklist) and a customized scoring guide. Student writing samples are provided along with extensive instructional and assessment guidance.
- Author BiographyMeredith Pike-Baky is a curriculum and assessment coordinator for Education Task Force, a consortium of twelve K-14 school districts in Marin County, California. A textbook author and teacher educator, she teaches and conducts teacher workshops for the Bay Area Writing Project. Gerald Fleming is an award-winning teacher who has taught in the San Francisco Public Schools for over thirty years. He teaches secondary English, social studies, and journalism and also teaches curriculum and instruction at the University of San Francisco.
- Author(s)Meredith Pike-Baky
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight566 g
- Width222 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.