Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoin the real Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines as they compete in the Round Britain race. .Woodward's warm, wry account of learning to fly will lift hearts everywhere. BBC2 documentary based on the book - 30 January 2012. Antony Woodward wasn't interested in flying, he was interested in his image. So in his world of socialising and serial womanising, a microlight plane sounded like the ideal sex aid. So why - once he discovers that he has ability as a pilot, it costs a fortune and its maddening unreliability loses him the one girl he really wants - does he get more and more hooked? As he monitors the changes to the others in the syndicate; as he learns that there is a literal down-side to cheating in flying exams, shunning responsibility and pretending to kw stuff you don't, the question keeps on surfacing. Why? As the misadventures mount - accidents, tussles with Tornadoes, arrest by the RAF - he keeps thinking he's worked it out. But it isn't until The Crash, in which he nearly kills himself and Dan (taking a short-cut in the Round Britain race) that the penny finally drops...Flying is the antidote to modern life he didn't even kw he needed. It's the supreme way to feel real.
- Author BiographyAntony Woodward's first book, the bestselling flying memoir PROPELLERHEAD, published in 2001, was described by Pilot magazine in May 2011 as 'one of the best books about flying ever written'. His most recent book, THE GARDEN IN THE CLOUDS, Confessions of a Hopeless Romantic, about his obsession with making a garden on top of a Welsh mountain, was picked as Book of the Year 2010 by The Times and The Spectator and was a winner of the National Trust-Hay Festival Outdoors Books of the Year 2011.
- Author(s)Antony Woodward
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication05/06/2002
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.