All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionSocial anthropologists from many countries specializing in issues of property and equality share their results and insights from research on hunter-gatherers, pastoralists, horiculturalists, agriculturalists, industrial societies, and nhuman primates. They combine some of the ground-breaking findings from the 1960s--James Woodburn contributes--wi
- Author BiographyThomas Widlok obtained his PhD in Social Anthropology at London School of Economics and Political Science in 1994. He has taught anthropology in the Universities of London, Cologne, Kyoto and Heidelberg and was a member of the Max Planck Cognitive Anthropology Research Group in Nijmegen (Netherlands). His publications include Living on Mangetti. 'Bushman' Autonomy and Namibian Independence (Oxford University Press, 1999). Currently he is research staff at the Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology in Haale/Saale, Germany. Wolde Gossa Tadesse obtained his PhD in Social Anthropology at the London School of Economics and Political Science in 1999. His publications include 'Evading the Revolutionary State: the Hor of the far South' in Remapping Ethiopia (eds) W. James, D.L. Donham, E, Kurimoto, and A. Triulzi (James Currey, 2001) and 'Property and Age Organisation among an East African Pastoralist Group. (Revista de Anthropologia, 2001). Currently he is a research staff at the Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology in Halle/Saale, Germany.
- PublisherBerghahn Books, Incorporated
- Date of Publication01/09/2004
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationHerndon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerghahn Books, Incorporated
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Edited byThomas Widlok,Wolde Gossa Tadesse
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.