All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on the documents of Vatican II (Lumen Gentium and others) as well as biblical, theological, and spiritual resources, Hinze seeks to develop a deeper understanding of what it means to foster prophetic obedience in a dialogical church. In the spirit of works by Johann Baptist Metz, Ignacio Ellacuria, Jon Sobri, Dean Brackley, and Sandra Schneiders, this book advances a practical fundamental ecclesiology that combines a constructive theological argument with an argument for greater lay participation and grassroots democracy in the church, based on historical descriptions of church practices in history and society.
- Author BiographyBradford E. Hinze is the Karl Rahner Chair in Theology at Fordham University in New York. He is a former President of the College Theology Society and the current Vice President of the Catholic Theological Society of America.
- Author(s)Bradford E. Hinze
- PublisherOrbis Books (USA)
- Date of Publication27/04/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationMaryknoll
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOrbis Books (USA)
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.