Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionElizabeth Bishop's prose is t nearly as well kwn as her poetry, but she was a dazzling and compelling prose writer too, as the publication of her letters has shown. Her stories are often on the borderline of memoir, and vice versa. From her college days, she could find the most astonishing yet thoroughly apt metaphors to illuminate her ideas. This volume edited by the poet, Pulitzer Prize winning critic, and Bishop scholar Lloyd Schwartz includes virtually all her published shorter prose pieces and a number of prose works t published until after her death. Here are her famous as well as her lesser-kwn stories, crucial memoirs, literary and travel essays, book reviews, and for the first time her original draft of Brazil, the Time/Life volume she repudiated in its published version, and the correspondence between Bishop and the poet Anne Stevenson, the author of the first book-length volume devoted to Bishop.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Bishop (1911 79) won the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, and the National Book Critics Circle Award.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Bishop
- PublisherFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Out-of-print date13/11/2013
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byProfessor Lloyd Schwartz
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.