All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProsodic Phology by Marina Nespor and Irene Vogel is finally available again. Nespor & Vogel 1986 is a citation classic, and even after twenty years, it is still recognized as the standard resource on Prosodic Phology.This groundbreaking work introduces all of the prosodic domains (syllable, foot, word, clitic group, phological phrase, intonational phrase and utterance) and comments on the evidence in their favor from numerous languages.It also contains a chapter on the phology of poetic meter, and a chapter on the experimental testing of the role of the prosodic constituents in the perception of ambiguous sentences.The book is an important reference t only for all phologists, but for all linguists interested in the problem of interfaces. It is a basic resource also for psycholinguists and for cognitive scientists working on perception of language and language acquisition.
- Author BiographyMarina Nespor, University of Ferrara, Italy; Irene Vogel, University of Delaware, USA.
- Author(s)Irene Vogel,Marina Nespor
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Date of Publication20/11/2007
- Series TitleStudies in Generative Grammar [SGG]
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 28
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.99Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.