All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
About this product
- DescriptionWith the European Union's upcoming eastern enlargement, Europe is confronted with the necessity of creating security and stability beyond the EU borders in Eastern and Southeastern Europe. This task includes t only numerous risks but also opportunities to face the challenges of the 21st century. This volume provides policy-oriented recommendations and differentiated assessments for all nine states and entities of the region, as well as for the policy areas of governance, ecomy and security. The authors explore the unintended consequences and side-effects of massive support for reforms and external influence on weak states. A concept for a Mulit-Layered Europe is developed for the strategic dilemmas concerning the current debate on Wilder Europe . The unique alliance between analytical output and strategic thinking makes the book valuable for the academic community and for persons responsible for Europe's future. The volume is one of two from a joint project on Security in Europa and beyond its borders of the Bertelsmann Foundation in Guetersloh and the Center for Applied Policy Research in Munich.
- Author BiographyDr. Wim van Meurs, Centrum fur angewandte Politikforschung, Munchen.
- PublisherSpringer Fachmedien Wiesbaden
- Date of Publication31/10/2003
- LanguageEnglish & German
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWeisbaden
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintVS Verlag fur Sozialwissenschaften
- Content Note21 black & white tables, biography
- Weight581 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Edited byWim Van Meurs
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.