All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProspects of Heart Surgery: Psychological Adjustment to Coronary Bypass Grafting reports on a study of how patients and their spouses adjusted to the prospect, and then to the outcome, of coronary graft surgery. The focus upon patients' social relationships rather than upon individuals reveals that the way people bear their illness, and adapt to symptom removal, is part of a wider adjustment involving both the spouse and other individuals. The book offers, as one of its main contributions, a social-psychological approach to the study of illness in general. It sets out a new methodology which might be applied in a number of illness contexts. Using both qualitative and quantitative analyses, Prospects of Heart Surgery describes differences between smooth and problematic approaches to surgery as well as variations in the experience of rehabilitation afterwards.
- Author(s)Alan Radley
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication02/10/2011
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleContributions to Psychology and Medicine
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight405 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1988
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.