All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCorfu, Kefalonia, Zakynthos and the other Ionian islands are home to one of the finest cuisines of the Mediterranean. The stamping-ground of Captain Corelli and Lawrence Durrell, the Ionians have always held a particular, almost mystical, fascination for visitors, and, for many of the thousands who travel to the region each year, it is the special nature of Ionian cooking that forms an essential and unforgettable part of their experience. The recipes in Prospero's Kitchen come mostly from family tebooks handed down through the generations and reflect the cosmopolitan nature of Ionian cuisine. Together, they provide a unique and tantalising taste of the variety of Ionian cuisine. Featuring over 150 easy-to-follow recipes as well as fascinating information on Ionian cooking and customs, beautiful photographs and original illustrations, Prospero's Kitchen is an essential kitchen addition for anyone with a passion for the beautiful and lyrical Ionian islands.
- Author BiographyDiana Farr Louis is an author, cooking and travel enthusiast. She has been Travel Correspondent for the Athens News since 1997 and is the author of a number of travel books on Greece, including The Secrets of the Greek Islands, Athens and Beyond and Travels in Northern Greece. She is also the author of Feasting and Fasting in Crete: Delicious Mediterranean Recipes. June Marinos is an expert on Greek cuisine. Her publications include A Taste of Crete, A Taste of the Cyclades and An Odyssey into Greek Cooking.
- Author(s)Diana Farr Louis,June Marinos
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2012
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight549 g
- Width155 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.