All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionProteases decisively contribute to cancer development and promotion by regulating the activities of growth factors/cytokines and signaling receptors, as well as the composition of the extracellular matrix, thereby suppressing cell death pathways and activating cell survival pathways. In Proteases and Cancer: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers bring together a wide range of current, complimentary techniques that have been developed for the specific detection and analysis of proteases and their activities in cancer biology. The volume covers vital topics including the application of proteomics techlogies for the detection of protease expression in tumors, imaging proteases by activity profiling, proteomics techlogies for the identification of biological substrates, detection of cell surface proteolysis, imaging of protease activity, the use of transgenic mice to determine protease function in tumor initiation and progression, and the development of anti-protease therapies for cancer. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tes on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Authoritative and easy to use, Proteases and Cancer: Methods and Protocols is an ideal guide for scientists who wish to pursue the study of this important branch of cancer research and the development of unique invative techlogies to aid in that study.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication19/03/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 539
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note2 black & white tables, biography
- Weight716 g
- Width193 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byThomas Bugge,Toni M. Antalis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.