Protecting Children from Domestic Violence: Strategies for Community Intervention by Guilford Publications (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $48.77Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $67.43+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe impact on children of domestic violence has received increasing attention, but awareness of the problem has t always translated into public action. This forward-thinking volume brings together leading mental health, legal, educational, and social services professionals from the U.S. and Canada to demonstrate how the problem of violence in the home can best be mitigated through community collaboration. The book provides an understanding of the effects of childhood exposure to domestic violence; considers the most promising assessment approaches; and examines specific interventions with victims and offenders, ranging from individual and group approaches to broader efforts involving schools, police, courts, and the media. Also addressed are the complexity of working with families from diverse cultural backgrounds and the often-igred subject of how to enhance the roles of fathers in their children's lives.
- Author BiographyPeter G. Jaffe, PhD, is Special Advisor on Violence Prevention at the Centre for Children and Families in the Justice System of the London Family Court Clinic, a children's mental health center in Ontario, Canada, specializing in issues that bring children and families into the justice system. He has coauthored eight books on domestic violence, including Child Custody and Domestic Violence: A Call for Safety and Accountability. Linda L. Baker, PhD, is Executive Director of the Centre for Children and Families in the Justice System. She has coauthored over 18 resources to enhance understanding and intervention with children and adolescents, including Children Exposed to Violence: A Handbook for Police Trainers to Increase Understanding and Improve Community Responses. Alison J. Cunningham, MA, is Director of Research and Planning at the Centre for Children and Families in the Justice System. She is the coauthor of two textbooks, Canadian Criminal Justice: A Primer and Canadian Corrections. She is President of the Ontarior Council of Elizabeth Fry Societies, and in 2001 was invited to be an advisor to the World Health Organization about standards of health services for child and adult victims of sexual violence.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication25/03/2004
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight492 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAlison J. Cunningham,Linda L. Baker,Peter G. Jaffe
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.