All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile law enforcement personnel in most areas may be exemplary in respect to their training, equipment, and leadership, resources are usually limited. Law enforcement personnel are to enforce laws within their jurisdiction and to protect the public generally. But they have specific obligation to protect any given member of society. As individuals we are ultimately responsible for the protection of ourselves, our loved ones, and our property. In times of ecomic stress, crimes against people and property can become epidemic. Without the right attitude and intellectual tools it is just a matter of time before we become ather one of its victims. This book was written to help you understand how criminals are adapting to new techlogy and how that threat can be addressed using well-established principles and new, invative techlogy. The information in this book can help you protect your rural, commercial, and residential properties as well as enhance your personal security.
- Author BiographyDavid R Pike Was raised on a farm in Minnesota, served in the US Air Force from 1970-1979, then attended Brigham Young Univ (B.S. 1980), Oklahoma State Univ (M.S. 1982), and the University of Illinois, (PhD 1989). After serving on the staff of the University of Illinois for 19 years he now is owner and president of AIRS-Inc and works as a private consultant. Dr Pike has authored a number of reports addressing food security issues. In 2002 and 2003 he served on an Agricultural Infrastructure Protection panel developing a response to potential terror tactics. F. DeWayne Wright B.S. - Criminal Justice, Culver-Stockton College, Juris Doctor - University of Missouri - Columbia, 8 years as police patrol/training officer, 21 years FBI Special Agent, SWAT, Security, Legal Advisor, Firearms Instructor, National Center for Analysis of Violent Crime (Divisional Coordinator). Within the FBI, Mr Wright served as a division security officer and received extensive specialized training in critical infrastructure protection.
- Author(s)Dr David R Pike,F Dewayne Wright,Stephen D Newman
- Date of Publication21/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.